Think you got what it takes to be in The Uninvited? Fantastic! We have an Open Submission Policy, and invite you to contact our editorial team directly with what you have in mind:
email@example.com (note: submissions are currently closed)
We’re pretty open as to what we will publish in The Uninvited, but some guidelines are, of course, needed. Please keep the following in mind should you wish to send us your material…
1) The Uninvited is a horror and weird fiction publication for the iPad and other tablet devices. So what we’re looking for are stories and comics in the horror and weird fiction vein as well as supernatural and psychological thriller. Vampires, werewolves and zombies can be awesome, but strive for originality.
2) If you wish to submit a short story, go ahead and send it our way for review. A synopsis of what you are sending is needed and you can even just hit us up with said synopsis if you don’t feel like sending the story in full. While length of story is open, try to keep it in the 2000 to 6000 word range. We pay our contributors professional rates of $0.05 per word; and we love doing so. However, we can only pay so much and if your story runs 8k in word count, for instance, we will only pay up to a certain amount. Ah, budgets. Gotta love ‘em.
3) We most certainly enjoy comic submissions. That said, if you have an idea for a comic but only have a script, we’ll check it out, and, if we enjoy it, are more than happy to try pairing you up with an artist. If you have a full comic short or crew already in place– excellent. This will make the process even easier for all involved. Page count for the comics should be from 8 to 15 pages.
4) Everything is negotiable. Contact us with your story and/or idea first and we’ll go from there. We seek in publishing the highest product within our budget as possible. We also understand the absolute need for creator rights and creative freedom and consider all of this as we review and negotiate submissions.
-12 point courier font
- standard margins
- left side of header: name, contact info
- right side of header: word count
- top of first page: title, author
Variances from traditional manuscript format:
- use bold, italics and underline as they are to appear in story
Subject box: Short Story submission – title of story
Attach story in MS Word Document, RTF, or PDF (only)
Please paste your cover letter in the body of the e-mail
* Note: we do not accept simultaneous submissions, please only submit stories that are dedicated for submission within The Uninvited.
SUBMISSIONS ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED
Usually 60 days.
Any questions about anything? Anything at all? We like to keep busy, so please drop us a line.